EWR by Contractor
Updated this week

Click on a relevant link below to continue:

A. Create New '02 EWR by Contractor'

It can be created by users in Contractor role by going to 'Project Forms' or 'Contracts' area as applicable.

Expand the 'B. Early Warning' group and select '02 EWR by Contractor' type.

Click on '+ Create Form' to create a new '02 EWR by Contractor'.

B. Enter Details for '02 EWR by Contractor'

This is where you enter details of the early warning response. Below is a description of the available fields:

B1. Contract

Select your required contract from the dropdown for which early warning needs to be raised.

It will populate fields based on the contract selected as shown below:

B1.1 To (Project Manager)

Select the project manager to whom this early warning is to be assigned. Users defined as 'Project Managers' under the 'Management Team' in 01 Contract Data & Report form will be available to select under this dropdown.

B1.2 Section

Select the contract section which applies to this early warning. Sections as defined in the Price Breakdown Structure of the 01 Contract Data & Report form will be available to select under this dropdown.

B1.3 User Ref

Enter user reference id as applicable.

B1.4 Subject

Enter a subject line for this early warning.

B1.5 I hereby issue notice of early warning in accordance with Clause 15.1 of the following matter

Describe the matter for this early warning as applicable.

B1.6 Consequences

Describe what are the consequences if this early warning is not addressed appropriately.

B1.7 Probability

Select a probability level for this early warning. Available dropdown values are 'Certain' (100% probability), 'Very Likely' (80% probability), 'Likely' (60% probability), 'Unlikely' (40% probability), 'Very Unlikely' (20% probability).

B1.8 The early warning matter could

Select one or more options from the available options what could happen based on this early warning matter. Available checkbox options are 'Increase the total of Prices', 'Delay Completion', 'Delay meeting a Key Date (ECC4 only)',, 'Affect the work of the Client, the Others or the Subcontractors', 'Result in the a breach of any Consent', 'Impair the performance of works in use', 'Increase the Third Party Costs', 'Increase the Defined Cost, the Fee or the final Price for Work Done to Date'.

Entering Estimates of impact on Contract

B1.10 Increase Price and Days?

Select 'Yes' or 'No' whether this early warning notice is estimated to increase contract price and contract days.

Entering Estimate of Cost Changes

B1.11 Add new Estimate of cost changes

To add new Estimate of cost changes, you need to click on 'Add new Estimate of cost changes' option available at bottom left of this form section. It will add a new row wherein you can fill details regarding estimate of cost changes based on sections and CBS / activity codes defined in the contract.

B1.11.1 Section

Select a section based on the sections defined in the contract.

B1.11.2 CBS/Activity Code | Description

Select a CBS / Activity Code based on the CBS / Activity Codes defined in the contract which will be impacted.

B1.11.3 Estimate cost change £

Enter an estimated cost change value in £ currency.

Entering Estimate of Programme Changes

B1.12 Add new Estimate of Programme Change

To add new Estimates of Programme Change, you need to click on 'Add new Estimates of Programme Change' option available at bottom left of this form section. It will add a new row wherein you can fill details regarding estimates of programme change based on key dates defined in the contract.

B1.12.1 Key Date

Select a key date based on the key dates defined in the contract.

B1.12.2 Date Description

A description will display for the selected key date.

B1.12.3 Estimated Programme Change (Days)

Enter estimated number of programme change in days.

Enter required details then click 'Update' to apply changes, else click 'Close'.

B1.13 The Project Manager is instructed to attend an early warning meeting within

Enter number of days / number of hours as applicable and specify whether it is 'days' or 'hours' in the corresponding dropdown.

B1.14 The early warning is expected to affect the contract by

Select a date when related early warning is expected to affect this contract.

B1.15 Contractor's Comments

Enter comments for this early warning as applicable.

Entering Distribution List

B1.16 Add New Recipient

To add new recipients in form distribution list, you need to click on 'Add New Recipient' option available at bottom left of this form section. It will open a layered screen with options to enter details regarding distribution for each recipient added to the form.

B1.16.1 Recipient User

To select users for form distribution.

B1.16.2 Form Actions

To select form tasks that needs to be distributed to the selected recipient user.

B1.16.3 Action Due

To select due date for selected form actions based on the selected recipient user.

Note - While distributing 'For Information' form action, it is not mandatory to select a due date; however, it would be required if distributing other types of form task.

This distribution list may get auto populated based on pre-defined distribution groups if already created for the section selected for this form.

Note: You may add recipients to the distribution of this form by using the 'Add New Recipient' option. Recipients that you add here will be remembered by the form even when saving a draft. Alternately, you may also use the Ad-Hoc distribution module above to add other recipients. However, if you use the Ad-Hoc distribution module when assigning a 'Review Draft' action, that action will not be remembered by the form after the recipient reviews it.

Entering Reference Document Details

B1.17 Add new Reference Document Details

To add new reference document details, you need to click on 'Add new Reference Document Details' option available at bottom left of this form section. It will add a new row wherein you can fill details regarding description of reference document and include hyperlink for the same.

To attach external files as reference documents, click here for detailed help on how to attach files while creating a form.

To associate existing files on the projects accessible to you on Asite, click here for detailed help on how to associate files while creating a form.

B1.17.1 Description

To enter a description of the reference document that you are adding.

B1.17.2 Hyperlink

To enter a hyperlink for the corresponding reference document description.

C. Submit Details for '02 EWR by Contractor' / Save Details as Draft

Once you have entered the required details, click 'Send' button to save / submit the details. The form will be distributed as per the distribution list entered while creating the form if any.

In case you plan to edit and submit later, use the 'Save Draft' button to save the details as a draft. In such a scenario, you have an option to get the draft message reviewed by some other user by assigning them 'Review Draft' task. Users who are added as 'Draft Only' members in the contract management team will only be able to save the form details as a draft.

Click 'Cancel' if you want to entirely cancel the form under creation. Clicking on 'Cancel' will prompt the user to confirm once again as any unsaved data in the form under creation will be lost forever once it is cancelled.

D. Edit Draft of '02 EWR by Contractor'

Click here for detailed help on how to edit an existing form draft.

E. View Existing '02 EWR by Contractor'

To open an existing '03 EWR by Contractor' form for viewing, click on the form title from relevant listing area. The form will open in view mode as shown below.

Click here for detailed help on Form Viewer Options.

Click on the contract number to view related contract details. Similarly, click on any of the form ids with hyperlink to open related form as applicable.


Next Article: EWR by PM


Did this answer your question?